Tuesday, July 27, 2004

back in town

Merci arrived in LA yesterday and we started moving her into her new house, which is approximately five blocks from my house. At first I thought she would be lethargic to see me caused by the intense heat of our LA summer, but we had a fun time moving her shit back and forth, then got some mango smoothies to liven up the mood. God damn those smoothies were delicious. After we moved most of her belongings inside her place, I left to go retrieve my clothes from my current residence and move them into Merci's closet. Her closet has the kind of doors that voyeurs like best, the kind where you just feel dirty looking into the room of some unsuspecting naked girl. I like that closet. My room at Bonsallo has been converted into a studio where I can paint and work without the bothersome worries of getting paint and shit all over the floors. I've even got bright lights hanging from the ceiling so that I can see what I'm actually painting. Besides the walls being covered in plastic, which gives off a somewhat odious smell, this room seems to be a very nice place to work.

No comments: