Saturday, July 24, 2004

Lethargic and sticky

Today was an uncomfortable and irritable trial. I woke up to an intolerable itching on my right arm, accompanied by five mosquito bites. There were a couple that lined up perfectly with the large vein underneath my skin. Those blood suckers! My left ear seemed plugged for some reason, and twelve hours later, has yet to recover. Even the clothes I put on my body seemed not to fit. Work seemed excruciating long and annoying. When I got to work, Gator asked me to look up the definition of "Irony", because he feels that most people use the word incorrectly. The actual definition is quite vague, but can be summed up by this response: Irony is what happens when the opposite of what's expected occurs. An audio engineer who can't hear, that's ironic. And that is how I felt with my plugged ear. The only excitement that came from today was that I've started reading "Beyond Good and Evil", F. Nietzsche. Unlike the Protagonist in Dostoyevsky's "Notes from the Underground", Nietzsche's loathing for humankind comes from the assumption, in which Philosophers make, which separates them from nature. By trying to claim a metaphysical point of view to expand and critique human nature, the philosopher becomes one of our greatest liars, full of ostentatious pedantry. To Nietzsche, one can not escape interpretation and contextualization. The question as to why we search for truth is more interesting than the search itself, which to Nietzsche, is a fool's adventure.

No comments: