Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Lads and Lassies:

While lamenting over my current situation, I came to a very decisive and important decision. In the past year, I've done two very stupid things while under the influence of alcohol. First, I went to jail because I was driving drunk. I thought that chapter of my life was over. However, I came to realize, my marriage is dead because I was stupid enough to think alcohol would fix my problems. When Mindy left to see her friend at the hotel, I drank myself retarded. That was when I wrote a letter to my ex-girlfriend, stating that I never married out of love, and that Mindy was an emotional coward, etc. (Let me remind the jury that these were my fears expelled into words, nothing more. There was no truth to that letter except for the fact that I was drunk and afraid. I loved Mindy so very very much.) And so, Mindy feels she can no longer trust me, ever. Well, the conclusion I came to while driving home last night, was that alcohol has been behind the two fuck ups of my life. Therefore I am quitting drinking. Fuck that shit. The love of my life is gone because I drank a bottle of Rum. Was it worth it? Never. Do I regret it? Yes. Am I so very sorry? I am.

No comments: