Wednesday, April 20, 2005

oh the irony of it all

Emily's Response email which I forewarded to Mindy:

Mindy,
I think god hates me. Instances just keep happening that beat me up when I'm down. I want to share this with you, not because it'll will make a difference in how you see me, but because it's most likely lesson number five thousand and three in Bob's "why relationships suck" book.

Emily wrote back:

what the fuck?....what letter? what words? do you mean ages ago?.....I dont think I got any words recently. WHat happened? I'm confused. I know you love this woman. ah, I dont know what to say....what did you do? I have no idea what it was
that she read or what shes thinking. God, the LAST thing I want to do is be cause for damage in your relationship
with Mindy...and I dont really know if thats what has happened but it seems perhaps it has. I am a memory, I know that, and I think thats fine and beautiful...you're a memory to me too...a really fucken special one! I believe that you saved me and I will never forget that, my life has changed so much because I met you. And I'm not in love with you anymore, as I know your not in love with me, but I was in love with you...and I dont see that there is anything wrong with that. I have kept in touch with you because you hold such a dear place in my heart and in my history. I dont want to damage love. If you have to cut off contact with me to save your marriage then do it. You're not a bastard, and perhaps you fucked up but you have the ability to
mend things. Relationships are crazy, love is terrifying and its hard to be reasonable and clear headed. But we learn so much. Fix it Chris, I believe you can. I am in love with someone, and it's hard some of the time, I get a bit crazy, but I haven't been this happy for such a long time. This is good and healthy. So I think...from your Email that you have to say goodbye to me...? Please repair your love. I will resist the urge to say hellos to you...but you'll never leave my soul.
-------------------
And so, Mindy, the letter never reached Emily. It was lost into the ether.
HA HA god. That was a good one. You got me good.

-Have a wonderful night Mindy.

No comments: