Thursday, August 12, 2004

in response...

I always find it hard to describe things about myself without feeling like a pretentious and arrogant asshole. This is probably because I am very modest. But since you asked, then I will tell. I am an artist living in Los(t) Angeles. I consider myself a big geek, but no one else I know thinks of me like that. The world around me seems strange yet attractive. I kind of always pictured reality as a reflection of some other dimmension or an object of truth resting on the surface of a muddy pond. Like if I reached out to grab it, the image would ripple and fade away leaving me with my hand in cold murky water. I feel like the truth behind our world is immured somewhere between the image of water's glassy reflection and the surface of the liquid itself, in the infinite microscopic area that no one can grab a hold of without destroying it.

No comments: